This ‘n’ That from Habitat – our resale store
Did you know? Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Connecticut has over 11,000 square feet of retail space filled with treasures ready for a new home. This ‘n’ That from Habitat helps support the Habitat mission and is the major source of funding for the local affiliate.
Shop, donate, support!
This ‘n’ That from Habitat
Route 7, 403 Ashley Falls Road (Route 7), Canaan, CT 06018 (Opposite Decker & Beebe)
Mid-October – Mid-May
OPEN Friday, Saturday and Sunday 12:00N – 4:00PM
Mid-May to Mid-October (WE’RE NOW ON THE SUMMER SCHEDULE)
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK 10:00AM – 4:00PM
DONATIONS WILL BE GRATEFULLY WELCOMED AT THE ANNUAL TAG SALE! STARTING JULY 28TH, AND THROUGH TO AUGUST 4TH, DONATIONS WILL BE WELCOME DIRECTLY AT THE MARS ATHLETIC CENTER AT THE HOTCHKISS SCHOOL IN LAKEVILLE, CT. DONATIONS CAN BE RECEIVED FROM 10:00 AM TO 4:00 PM EACH DAY EXCEPT JULY 29TH.
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Store Donation and Pick Up Policy, Effective 6/17/16
- DONATIONS ARE ACCEPTED ON SATURDAY ONLY FROM 12:00 N – 2:00 PM
- Small item donations must be in a box with a closed lid (for stacking purposes).
- If you are planning to drop off a significant amount of items or heavy items (e.g., furniture) please call ahead to make arrangements. We need to make sure we have the space to accommodate these items.
- Appliances will continue to be picked up promptly, without costs.
- In June and July furniture pickups will be destined for Hotchkiss School for our Annual Tag Sale and picked up in late July, unless exceptions made.
- Charges: Pickups made within 12 mile radius of the Store will be subject to a $10 service charge. $20 beyond 12 mile radius.
- To schedule a pickup, contact John Pogue, only by e-mail at email@example.com. A photo of items, attached to the email, will be very helpful
Check out our Retail Showroom – the Annex!
The Annex is located opposite the main This ‘n’ That building, directly in front of “the barn”. Check it out – many “rooms” set up to beautifully display the furniture we have available for purchase.
The Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Connecticut store, This ‘n’ That from Habitat, is very grateful for many of the generous donors that have supplied us with a variety of useful items to stock our shelves. This has enabled us to raise significant funds to help underwrite our building goals. However, some donations have proven to be a liability as they were not salable. Factors include: damaged and soiled items and those with limited appeal. This has burdened us with unforeseen storage and disposal costs. As a result, we have restructured the donation process to make our operation more efficient:
For the moment we will refuse the following:
- Older TVs
- Outdated Electronics such as Computers and Printers
- Entertainment Centers
- Particle Board Furniture, except Bookcases
- Upholstered Furniture
- Computer Tables
- Dining Room Tables
- Bed frames, Headboards and Mattresses
If you have any questions, please call the Store at 860-824-9839.